Welcome to the
Gardening Information Page of Craig LeHoullier,
Updated on Monday, August 31, 2009
· The 2009 growing season is just about over for us! See the From The Vine page here in December or January for our plans for varieties of seedlings for 2010.
· The Dwarf Tomato breeding project continues – I had a very busy year growing out many lines and selections, and a few are nearly ready for wider distribution (something that those of us involved in the project are carefully pondering. The link to progress on the project is here – I also recommend joining the tomato discussion group Tomatoville for more information on this project, including ways that you can become involved.
· We had a great time at Tomatopalooza VII, and hope those of you who attended did as well. We are yet to confirm next year’s details - watch the Tomatopalooza web site, here – for the date, time and other details.
· Finally, please note that much of the information below is “old” – hasn’t been updated in some time due to essentially just being busy with the matters of life! I hope to convert this to a more user friendly, informative site, including my own blog – stay tuned.
What you will find in this web site:
Below are links to information about our vegetable seedlings, pictures from our gardens over the years, scans of old rare seed catalogs, my tomato seed collections and growing logs, and articles from the heirloom tomato newsletter, Off The Vine….links to recommended seed companies, tomato discussion boards, and a few great streaming radio links!
Please note – I have disabled my guestbook because of the highly annoying, inconsiderate, and ignorant spammers who fill it with their snake oil advertisement links. Please just send me an email (address above) if you have any comments!
· Annual heirloom seedling sales……If you want information about our annual tomato, pepper and eggplant seedling venture, click From The Vine. This page will be updated frequently from now on, so check back often. See you at the Market in April!
· This was my approach to seed starting for 2006 – the varieties and cell reference numbers (I start seeds in 50 cell rigid plastic trays, up to 35 seeds per cell) – it may change a bit, so check back now and then.
· Digital Photographs (pretty well up to date – email me if you find any broken links)
· Craig’s Tomatoes
· Craig’s Sweet Peppers
· Craig’s Hot Peppers
· Craig’s Eggplant
· Jeff’s Lettuce
· Jeff’s Beans
· Jeff’s Tomatoes
· Jeff’s Peppers
· USDA Seed Collection and Status – spreadsheet
· Tomato Seed collection, by number - spreadsheet
· Saved tomato seed collection, by number – spreadsheet
· Pepper seed collection, by number – spreadsheet
· Saved pepper seed collection, by number – spreadsheet
· Eggplant seed collection by number – spreadsheet
· Saved eggplant seed collection by number - spreadsheet
· Power Point tomato family trees – (you need Power Point to view) - Link
· My seasonal garden diaries/growing logs (2009 log coming soon) – (Please note that any links in these tables do not work – so you cannot get to tomato, pepper, eggplant pictures by clicking the links in most cases. Use the Pictures links above instead.
Some Miscellaneous Reference information:
· Information on the original Alexander Livingston varieties is here
Some Good Links:
Tomato Discussion Group (note that I’ve taken off the links to GardenWeb and Victory chat areas – I don’t have time to spend at more than one site, and that site is Tomatoville, linked below):
Recommended Seed Companies for heirloom tomato seeds:
For a great selection of heirloom tomato plant pictures – Reinhard Kraft’s web site
The Tomato web site of a good friend, Keith
Last but not least – some great music links (streaming radio)!
WXPN in Philadelphia – incredible mix – alternative, folk, rock – helps you keep current with the music scene!
Radio Paradise – just a great web site and streaming site; superb mix of music.
Miscellaneous Links for some of my other hobbies:
My favorite Jazz label – ECM records
My favorite dark chocolate – Scharffenberger
A great site for purchasing all sorts of dark chocolates from all over the world - Chocosphere
Great Coffee Review site- CoffeeReview
Wonderful Beer review site - RateBeer
Look up your home value – and those anywhere in the country! Zillow
Buddy – 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Zoe – 1, 2, 3, 4, 5